Ethereal-dev: Re: SV: [Ethereal-dev] What's changed with operational dissection?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:04:16 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Andres,

Just tried it, no luck. :(

I'm using g_print() now to get output onto the Ethereal Debug Console and
added this line at the top of my dissector:

  g_print("entering dissector for frame %d, tree %x\n\r", pinfo->fd->num, tree);

While opening a capture file this gets output on the console:

----8<-----
entering dissector for frame 1, tree 3140e68
entering dissector for frame 1, tree 3140dd8
entering dissector for frame 4, tree 3140e08
entering dissector for frame 5, tree 3140e50
entering dissector for frame 6, tree 3140868
entering dissector for frame 7, tree 3140e20
entering dissector for frame 8, tree 3140850
entering dissector for frame 9, tree 3140e20
entering dissector for frame 10, tree 3140850
entering dissector for frame 11, tree 3140e50
entering dissector for frame 37, tree 3140e20
entering dissector for frame 38, tree 3140e50
entering dissector for frame 39, tree 3140e08
entering dissector for frame 1, tree 3140898

What makes me wonder is why is there always a tree?

Thanx,
Jaap