Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Patch: better decoding of NTLMSSP address list

From: "Devin Heitmueller" <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:26:39 -0400
Hello Guy,

The original change of item_offset from type int to guint16 was to address a signed-unsigned comparsion issue, and I mistyped 16 instead of 32.  The rest were just copies of item_offset.

Attached is a patch that uses guint32 in all cases.

Is there some reason that we commonly use "int" to describe offsets in dissectors, as opposed to guint32?  Is there any case where it is permissible to have negative offsets?

Thanks,

Devin Heitmueller