Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ANDing ip.addr no longer works?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:46:54 -0700

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 3:37 PM, Greg Morris wrote:

I just noticed that under the summary window both the src and dst ip addresses display correctly but if you look at the expanded info in the decode the src and dst both reflect the src address. Is this the fix that you just checked in?

The two bugs were

1) if you weren't displaying the IP addresses in the top-level protocol tree item for IP, then "ip.src", "ip.dst", and "ip.addr" were set to bogus values;

2) if you were displaying them, "ip.dst", and the second instance of "ip.addr", were set to the *source* address rather than the *destination* address, although the right address (but wrong host name) would show up in the top-level protocol tree item for IP.

2) would explain both Ian's and your problems, I suspect.