Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] new release?

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:48:11 +1000
----- Original Message -----
From: andreas.sikkema
Subject: Re: [Ethereal-dev] new release?

> I would like to test the dissector with my capture files and I also need
> add my name to the source, so I cbecome the maintainer ;-)

Sure.
Can you start looking into the rest of the h.323 protocol stack?

I saw some protocols called H.450.x which are related somehow to h.225
starting with h.450.1  which seems to have a very small asn definition and
should be a good starting point in
familiarizing yourself with dissect-per.c and how the api there is used.

Is h.450.1 used in the real world?

Is it possible to get captures with h4501 ?    For completeness ethereal
should have support for all
h protocols that can exist over a packet switched network.

there was also some t protocol i think that described fax transmission
together with h323, would be very cool
to have a dissector that can reassemble a fax