Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Can't compile Ethereal from current CVS on Windows.

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:31:03 -0700

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 9:41 PM, Martin Regner wrote:

A plugin can then register e.g. as:
dissector_add("h245.nsp.h221", 0xb500534c, netmeeting_h221nonstd_handle);
or
dissector_add("h245.nsp.object",ADLER_MYOWN_NONSTD_OBJ,myown_nonstd_han dle);

By the way, is H.245 defined here to use an Adler-32 checksum to identify objects, or is this just a way to condense an OID into an integer so it can be used in a dissector table? There are places where we might want dissector tables based on text strings, e.g. for Content-Type in HTTP; we might want dissector tables based on OIDs as well.