Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Can't compile Ethereal from current CVS on Windows.

From: "Gisle Vanem" <giva@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:41:38 +0200
"Guy Harris" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 10:24 AM, Gisle Vanem wrote:
>
> > When was this true? An .exe-file can export symbols just as easily as
> > an
> > DLL can.
>
> Will they be visible to LoadLibrary()-loaded DLLs?

Yes, if (t)ethereal.exe misses an export the plugin need, LoadLibrary
on the plugin.dll would simply fail w/o saying what symbols was missing
That's a drawback compared to the manual GetProcAddress() loading.
I assume that's what Glib uses.

> It's a smaller job, though, to do so to only one function and remove it
> from the plugin API function pointer structure, to test whether that
> works.

Agreed. And maybe we should make a Perl/Python script to add a .def
file entry for all prototypes beginning with ETR_API.

--gv