Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Can't compile Ethereal from current CVS on Windows.

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:03:41 -0700

On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 10:24 AM, Gisle Vanem wrote:

When was this true? An .exe-file can export symbols just as easily as an
DLL can.

Will they be visible to LoadLibrary()-loaded DLLs?

But it's a huge job to go through
all files and prepend ETR_API to all prototypes.

It's a smaller job, though, to do so to only one function and remove it from the plugin API function pointer structure, to test whether that works.

Once that's done, we can remove functions from the function pointer structure one by one (or group by group, or whatever) until we're done.

(But first I'd like to try the Fink version of GLib, which apparently supports Mac OS X run-time dynamic linking, just to make sure that Mac OS X supports importing symbols from the executable into .dyld's.)