Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Ethereal Gripe

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:54:06 +1000
The SMB dissector was completely rewritten from scratch, by hand, around
October/November
2001. I know this since I did this. No tools involved.
After this there has been many many enhancements that just can not be
described in a packet language
making the dissector what it is today.

See CVS log for a large number og 5000-6000 line checkins during this
timeframe.

The SMB dissector prior to October 2001 was partially generated by a tool.