Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] ISUP patch

From: "Michael Lum" <mlum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:58:33 -0700
Yes, thanks.

OK, to summarize:

1.  the snoop trace has M2UA from an older draft, the data 1 parameter is
0x000e
2.  the ISUP is ANSI and thus has no trailing 0x00 indicating "no optional
parameters"

The end result (aside from me causing confusion) is that the ANSI RLC will
show up as [Malformed Packet: ISUP].

My patch prevents the malformed by not consuming the extra octet.

But thanks to Jeff I now know that the patch is NOT correct.

It is an ANSI/ITU problem, for the ANSI RLC no optional parameters are
allowed and
therefore the fix would have to occur further up in the function where the
"opt_part_possible" boolean was set.

Thanks, sorry for the mess.
I will make it up.