Ethereal-dev: FW: [Ethereal-dev] ISUP patch

From: "Michael Lum" <mlum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:25:54 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Lum [mailto:mlum@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 4:49 PM
To: Guy Harris
Subject: RE: [Ethereal-dev] ISUP patch

Ohhhhh, I think I know what the problem is.

The snoop trace I sent you is from our lab.
The M2UA implementation on the MSC is using a Trillium stack
and the implementation was to an older draft.  In that draft
"draft-ietf-sigtran-m2ua-07.txt" the PROTOCOL DATA 1 parameter element
identifier was '0x000e'.  The new version is '0x0300'.

Since your M2UA dissector does not recognize the parameter it
is not sending to the MTP3 dissector, etc. etc.

Unfortunately I don't have snoop from anyone else's equipment.

The problem that I am trying to address should happen for
almost any ISUP message.  The keys are, a message with OPTIONAL PARAMETERS
pointer, for example an RLC.

Does anybody store sample snoop traces for various protocols for
regression testing?