Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patches for GIOP Dissection

From: Frank Singleton <frank.singleton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:27:08 -0500
frodo.hobbit@xxxxxxx wrote:
I would like to suggest a couple of changes for GIOP-Dissection:
The patches below provide support for dissection of 64-Bit Values "long
long" and "unsigned long long" in GIOP protocols.
I hope, I didn't make a complete mess with diff (Windows-User:-) - If you
need complete files, just send me an e-mail.

Yep I couldn't test 64 bit support when I implemeted the GIOP API ..

BTW: I've tested the recent modification regarding
giop_register_user_module: explicit dissection now works fine for the Windows platform.
Though for automatic generation of explicit dissectors from IDL with
idl2eth, idl2eth resp. the scripts need to be modified as they do not support
explicit dissection.

This was deliberate at the time. I  think I generated the code, but had it commented out
when the source was generated from IDL files.
I am glad to see more users trying out idl2eth :-)

/Frank

--

EUS/WR/GZ Frank Singleton     Office : +1 972 583 3251
ECN 800 33251                 Mobile : +1 214 228 0874

Hardware: HP Omnibook 4150 running Redhat Linux 8.0 (2.4.18 kernel).