Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Updated enip dissector

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:36:24 -0700

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 8:00 AM, Joakim Wiberg wrote:
1. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this, I used diff -uNr my-tree
ethereal-cvs-tree.

"diff -uNr ethereal-cvs-tree my-tree" would have been better, as that would've created a patch representing the changes going *from* the CVS tree *to* your tree, which is what somebody applying your patch to the CVS tree would want.

Also, for 2 "The RCS ID goes backwards if you apply it with '-R'", bringing your tree up-to-date with respect to the CVS tree would fix that.

3. Sould all "local" functions be declared using static?

Yes.

Also, for 4 "It gives some unused variable warnings with GCC 3.3", are those variables:

packet-enip.c:1213: warning: unused variable `mr_data_item'
packet-enip.c:1222: warning: unused variable `uncon_add_stat_size'

no longer needed, or is there code that should be using them that hasn't been written yet?