Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] TACACS+ Encryption Dissector

From: "Reimer, Fred" <Fred.Reimer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:33:35 -0400

Is there any reason why we can't get the dissector posted by Emanuele Caratti on May 20, 2002 included in the latest build?  I found his earlier post way back in 2000 first and didn't see the later ones, so I hacked the latest packet-tacacs.c file to include the necessary code.  A waste of time, since a ready-made one was available, although it did get the job I needed done.  The post on May 20, 2002 works fine in the latest 0.9.14 build (at least on Solaris 8/gcc).

Emanuele - I used tvb_memdup to copy out the packet in a contiguous buffer, and then freed it with g_free when I was done.

Fred Reimer - CCNA

Eclipsys Corporation, 200 Ashford Center North, Atlanta, GA 30338
Phone: 404-847-5177  Cell: 770-490-3071  Pager: 888-260-2050

NOTICE; This email contains confidential or proprietary information which may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s). If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected the email, please notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not the named recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email, and should immediately delete it from your computer.