Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] msvcrt.lib - libc.lib link conflict

From: Loïc Minier <lool+ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:15:20 +0200
 [ Still compiling ethereal with MSVS2003. ]

 The link of ethereal.exe fails because of _atoi functions being
 defined in both libc.lib and msvcrt.lib which are both included by
 default. I resolved the build of ethereal.exe and tethereal.exe
 by adding /NODEFAULTLIB:LIBC to the LDFLAGS at the top of
 Makefile.nmake. However, the link of editcap always fails (with or
 without this flag).
   Additionnaly, the GTK version segfaults on startup when built with
 GTK 2. I did not check with GTK 1.3, nor will I further investigate
 this problem today. The segfaults occur when the main window is being
 built, the main vbox seems to draw with the menu, but a crash occur.
   I used gtk.org win32 packages for pango, gtk2, and atk.

     Regards,

--
Lo�c Minier <lool@xxxxxxxx>