Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] How can I register explicit GIOP Dissectors?

Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:23:27 +0200 (MEST)
As the "heuristic" approach of idl2eth creates unsatisfactory results with
"deep" interface inheritance, I wanted to use explicit dissectors when
creating my giop plugins.
But it looks as though the address of register_giop_user_module is not
passed with plugin_init().

Does this mean that explicit dissectors for GIOP are not supported anymore?
Or how else can I register explicit dissectors?
I do not want a customized Ethereal, as I do not want to limit my plugins to
my version of Ethereal.

Is there something else I can do, e.g. in my heuristic dissector (I'd need
the repoid for this ...)

The unsatisfactory results come from roughly the following scenario:
interface A;
interface B : A
{
  foo (B-Parameter-Set);
}

interface C : A
{
  foo (C-Parameter-Set);
}
Now whenever C::foo is met by the heuristic dissector, the parameters are
interpreted as B-parameters.
FYI: I'm using ethereal 0.9.13.a on Windows 2000.

Kind regards,

Jens

2. GMX ProMail - Platz 2 und Preis-Qualit�tssieger!