Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] WAP-WSP-WTP protocol name

From: Loïc Minier <lool+ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:23:15 +0200
      Hello,

 I see in packet-wtp.c and packet-wsp.c that the proto_register_protocol
 function is called with an abbreviated protocol name matching IANA port
 assignments ("wap-wsp-wtp").
   If I try to add preferences to that dissector, the compile fine is
 ok but during documentation generation and also when I try to run
 tethereal, I get failed assertions:
    ** ERROR **: file prefs.c: line 182 (prefs_register_module_or_subtree): assertion failed: (isascii(*p) && (islower(*p) || isdigit(*p) || *p == '_' || *p == '.'))

 I tried building packet-wtp.c with another short name, "wap_wsp_wtp",
 and things went fine. tethereal is not complaining when I try to set my
 newly defined options, however I get random data in the options instead
 of what I set on the cmd line with tethereal's -o flag.

 Must the short name for WAP protocols really match IANA? Anyone
 experienced unoverridable options as I do?

    Best regards,

--
Lo�c Minier <lool@xxxxxxxx>