Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] The H323 dissector is dead. Long live the H323 dissector

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 20:27:38 +1000
List,

I just made the h225 dissector compile by default under ethereal.
I also updated it to register h245 and thus call the h245 dissector when
found.

I belive there are a lot of bugs remaining in h225 as well as h245 but
nothing we cant find and squash before the next release.
One bug that remains is dissection of NonStandardParameter,  the ethereal
dissector gets off by one bit and fails
to dissect the aggregate properly.  I dont know why yet, it looks ok when
comparing with the ASN.1 file
and i havent found yet where the mistake is.

Please test and supply feedback, bugreports, suggestions and patches.

The h323 dissector is dead.
Long live the h323 dissector.

best regards
    ronnie sahlberg