Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] RX/AFS dissectors updated

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 18:58:17 -0700
On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 04:46:41PM +1000, Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:
> Attached is a small diff to epan/packet_info.h.
> This adds a union to store some extra protocol data. I use it here to hand
> some parameters data from RX layer to AFS layer.

Checked in (but with "u_char" replaced by "guint8" - at least on FreeBSD
3.4, at least some modules including that header file didn't include
headers that caused "u_char" to be defined).

Perhaps we should think about a way to generalize the
protocol-dependeint information (Ethernet type code, IP protocol code,
IPX packet type, protocol-specific data, etc.) so that we don't have to
keep adding fields to it.

> Also are patches for RX and AFS.

Checked in.

On frame 65 of "afs.cap", the old dissector listed a bunch of arguments
to the give-up-callbacks information, but the new dissector doesn't;
does that operation take any arguments, or is the stuff after the opcode
just junk?