Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] RX/AFS dissectors updated

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <rsahlber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 16:46:41 +1000
Hi list,

Attached is a small diff to epan/packet_info.h.
This adds a union to store some extra protocol data. I use it here to hand
some parameters data from RX layer to AFS layer.

Also are patches for RX and AFS.

Original RX/AFS did not dissect the sample capture afs.cap properly, and
causes a crash when tried on the latest
Ethereal on W95.

RX: RX is tvbuffified, bugs fixed (casting  *uchar to struct* and
dereferencing), and several more packet types added.
(ACK, packets etc.) The ACK packets looks "weird" the dissection is done
according to what this packet should look
like according to the ArlaAFS implementation. There are several trailing
bytes after the end of the ACK packet, weird.

AFS: tvbuffified and several small bugs fixed. There are still bugs in
there, for example, I dont think it is a good idea to
use sscanf() directly from the tvb-databuffer.
It decodes afs.cap in the same way (or slightly better) than the original
version.
This patch does not make AFS function worse than previously, eventough it is
buggy.
The AFS support is still incomplete, there are still lots of rpc-calls which
are not implemented.
I might add a few rpc-calls in the future, or I might not.

If this is an acceptable patch, there are two less old style dissectors out
there.

Best Regards
    Ronnie Sahlberg