Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Capture-start option returns recv_ack error on AIX V5

From: "Shantala G" <g_shantala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:10:47 -0500
Hi,

I've compiled ethereal for AIX V5. It works fine as far as far as reading capture files of iptrace. But when I try to use the Capture - Start option for tr0 interface, it returns the error :

The capture session could not be initiated (recv_ack: bind error 0x1).Please check to make sure you have sufficient permissions and that you have the proper interface or pipe specified.

I'm running ethereal as root. Output of 'strload -q -d dlpi' shows 'dlpi: yes'. Version of bos.rte.tty is 5.1.0.0.
Has anyone seen this problem and if so, do you know the fix?

Thanks,
Shantala