Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch for RPC and new protocol: NIS

From: Nathan Neulinger <nneul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 14:07:59 -0500
NIS is already implemented... See packet-yp*.[ch]

As for rpc docs for them, easiest way is just to look at the XDR sources
for various implementations of the client and server code on linux, bsd,
etc.

-- Nathan

Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:

> Hi list
>
> Attached is a patch for RPC to allow (easier) decoding of arrays in RPC
> based protocols.
> rpc.diff
>
> Attached is also a new dissector for NIS. Attached is a capture.
> The NIS dissector depends on the rpc patch.
> Only version 3 of NIS is implemented, easrlier versions of the rpc-spec was
> not available to me.
> All dissectors for version 3 of the protocol have been added.
> I was quite surprised NIS was not implemented yet since it is not THAT
> obsolete?
>
> Note that one dissector for NIS Callback protocol is not completed.
> I might complete this dissector later if I have time later.

>                       Name: rpc.diff
>    rpc.diff           Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                   Encoding: quoted-printable
>            Download Status: Not downloaded with message
>
>                           Name: packet-nis.h
>    packet-nis.h           Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                       Encoding: quoted-printable
>                Download Status: Not downloaded with message
>
>                           Name: packet-nis.c
>    packet-nis.c           Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                       Encoding: quoted-printable
>                Download Status: Not downloaded with message
>
>                      Name: nis.cap
>    nis.cap           Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                  Encoding: base64
>           Download Status: Not downloaded with message

Nathan Neulinger                       EMail:  nneul@xxxxxxx
CIS - Systems Programming                Fax: (573) 341-4216