Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Anyone built with autoconf 2.49 and automake 1.5?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 11:25:45 -0700 (PDT)
2.49?  The page at

	http://sources.redhat.com/autoconf/

says the current version is 2.13 - did they release 37 different
versions of autoconf while I wasn't watching?

Similarly, the page at

	http://sources.redhat.com/automake/

says the current version of automake is 1.4.

> One I managed to solve - it doesn't like DISSECTOR_SOURCES and
> ETHEREAL_COMMON_SOURCES, but lowercase versions of those are fine.

Is that a documented requirement - documented back to automake 1.4, so
that we shouldn't have been using uppercase versions - or is that just a
bug in what I presume is a pre-release version?

> The other - it appears to think that 'dnl' isn't valid. This I don't get
> at all...

Perhaps they're not running stuff through M4 any more; in any case, I'd
count that as a bug as well, given that it worked in previous releases.