Name: Netmon file parser crash
Date: September 10, 2013
Affected versions: 1.10.0 to 1.10.1, 1.8.0 to 1.8.9
Fixed versions: 1.10.2, 1.8.10
The Netmon file parser could crash. Discovered by G. Geshev.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
This is a complete fix for wnpa-sec-2013-51.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.10.2, 1.8.10 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™