Name: Ixia IxVeriWave file parser crash
Date: June 7, 2013
Affected versions: 1.8.0 to 1.8.7
Fixed versions: 1.8.8
The Ixia IxVeriWave file parser could overflow the heap. Discovered by Sachin Shinde.
It may be possible to make Wireshark consume excessive CPU resources and crash by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.8.8 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™