Name: NTLMSSP dissector overflow
Date: January 29, 2013
Affected versions: 1.8.0 to 1.8.4, 1.6.0 to 1.6.12
Fixed versions: 1.8.5, 1.6.13
The NTLMSSP dissector could overflow a buffer. Discovered by Ulf Härnhammar.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.8.5, 1.6.13 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™