Name: Wireshark pcap-ng host name disclosure
Date: November 28, 2012
Affected versions: 1.8.0 to 1.8.3
Fixed versions: 1.8.4
Wireshark could leak potentially sensitive host name resolution information when working with multiple pcap-ng files. Discovered by Laura Chappell.
Pcap-ng files created with Wireshark could contain sensitive host name information.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.8.4 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™