Name: Wireshark HSRP dissector infinite loop
Date: October 2, 2012
Affected versions: 1.8.0 to 1.8.2
Fixed versions: 1.8.3
The HSRP dissector could go into an infinite loop.
It may be possible to make Wireshark consume excessive CPU resources by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.8.3 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™