Name: Wireshark Ixia IxVeriWave file parser buffer overflow
Date: August 15, 2012
Affected versions: 1.8.0 to 1.8.1
Fixed versions: 1.8.2
The Ixia IxVeriWave file parser could overflow a buffer.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash, hang, or execute code by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.8.2 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™