Name: Wireshark GSM RLC MAC dissector buffer overflow
Date: August 15, 2012
Affected versions: 1.6.0 to 1.6.9, 1.8.0 to 1.8.1
Fixed versions: 1.8.2, 1.6.10
The GSM RLC MAC dissector could overflow a buffer. Reported by Laurent Butti.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash, hang, or execute code by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.8.2, 1.6.10 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™