Name: Large loop in the NFS dissector
Date: July 22, 2012
Affected versions: 1.4.0 to 1.4.13, 1.6.0 to 1.6.8, 1.8.0
Fixed versions: 1.8.1, 1.6.9, 1.4.14
The NFS dissector could use excessive amounts of CPU.
It may be possible to make Wireshark consume excessive CPU resources by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.8.1, 1.6.9, 1.4.14 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™