Name: Wireshark memory alignment flaw
Date: May 21, 2012
Affected versions: 1.4.0 to 1.4.12, 1.6.0 to 1.6.7
Fixed versions: 1.4.13, 1.6.8
Wireshark could crash on SPARC or Itanium processors due to misaligned memory. Discovered by Klaus Heckelmann.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.4.13, 1.6.8 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™