Name: Infinite and large loops in many dissectors
Date: May 21, 2012
Affected versions: 1.4.0 to 1.4.12, 1.6.0 to 1.6.7
Fixed versions: 1.4.13, 1.6.8
Infinite and large loops in the ANSI MAP, ASF, BACapp, Bluetooth HCI, IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.3, LTP, and R3 dissectors have been fixed. Discovered by Laurent Butti.
It may be possible to make Wireshark hang for long or indefinite periods by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.4.13, 1.6.8 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™