Name: Wireshark ANSI A dissector crash
Date: March 27, 2012
Affected versions: 1.4.0 to 1.4.11, 1.6.0 to 1.6.5
Fixed versions: 1.4.12, 1.6.6
References: Wireshark bug 6823
The ANSI A dissector could dereference a NULL pointer and crash.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.4.12, 1.6.6 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™