Name: Wireshark Infiniband dissector vulnerability
Date: November 1, 2011
Affected versions: 1.4.0 to 1.4.9, 1.6.0 to 1.6.2
Fixed versions: 1.6.3
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala of Red Hat Security Response Team discovered that the Infiniband dissector could dereference a NULL pointer.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.6.3 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™