Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark filters

From: Lisi <lisi.reisz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:43:26 +0100
My question is, I'm afraid, very elementary, and possibly very dumb.  I am a
complete newbie to Wireshark and to packet-sniffers in general.

How do you use a capture filter?  I.e., how do you turn it on and off?  How do
you make it _do_ anything?

There is a menu item under capture for capture filters.  But selecting any of
the filters doesn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks,
Lisi