Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] how to analyze udp streams of skype chat

From: nangergong <nangergong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 19:14:28 +0000
I used an open source program to do VOIP tests.
Do you have any idea on how to measure the delays?

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Vineeth,

I think you have you work cut out for you. Skype is a proprietary,
unpublished protocol. Skype uses its own encryption scheme to boot.

As such you can't really tell a request from a response, (if there is
any), so I really think you won't get very far.

If this is the beginnings of some sort of research project into voice
quality of service, you probably want to concentrate on looking at
more open protocols.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx