Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Portable: How to open more than one trace at the same time?

From: "Thorsten Kampe" <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 12:30:04 +0100
Hi,

for comparing traces I often need to open two (or more) traces at the
same time. Wireshark itself cannot open more than one file at the same
time (tabs, SDI or MDI). As a workaround I have to open two instances of
Wireshark.

Unfortunately the portable version of Wireshark  doesn't support this
("Another instance of Wireshark is already running. Please close other
instances of Wireshark before launching Wireshark Portable."). This
seems to be an unnecessary limitation because the portable U3 version
/does/ support opening multiple instances.

For certain reasons I would rather prefer to use the portable version
(WiresharkPortable-*.paf.exe) instead of the portable U3 (wireshark-
*.u3p) version.

So my questions are: is there a workaround for the problem? Would that
be a bug or an enhancement request?

Thorsten