Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Configuration Profiles

From: "Burns, Kevin" <Kevin_Burns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 17:36:59 +0000
I think I figured it out.

The problem is when you insert an unnamed column into the preferences. I was putting an unnamed column at the end of my custom ones to prevent the last custom values from being right justified. Apparently an unnamed column like below causes some sort of corruption of the preference file where it won't load the column preferences anymore. You just have to name all columns to something.

######## User Interface: Columns ########

# Packet list hidden columns.
# List all columns to hide in the packet list.
column.hidden:

# Packet list column format.
# Each pair of strings consists of a column title and its format.
column.format:
	"Time", "%t",
	"Source", "%s",
	"Destination", "%d",