Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Configuration Profiles

From: Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 18:31:24 +0000 (UTC)
Burns, Kevin <Kevin_Burns@...> writes:

> Having a weird problem getting the Configuration Profiles to
> work correctly ?
>
> I create a new profile and then add some custom columns to
> the summary window. Then I close the capture file and then open it back up to
> verify the custom decode columns are there. But if I choose a new profile to
> view a capture in and then close that capture file. I then choose the new
> profile I created but when I open up a packet capture the custom decode columns
> are gone.
>
> What gives ??

Maybe you could provide a little more information about your particular setup?
What version of Wireshark are you using?  Custom-compiled or off the shelf?
What OS are you running it on?  Which columns specifically are you attempting to
add?  What other columns are present?  Perhaps it's data-dependent.  Do you have
a small capture file that you can post that exhibits this problem?  Perhaps it's
a corrupt preference file in one of the profiles.  Maybe you could post your
preference files?