Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] codesign or cryptographic hash like MD5 hash for Wireshark

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 08:38:16 -0700
Bhat, Venkataramana (Venkat) wrote:
> Does SIPp windows version 3.1 comes with any codesign or cryptographic
> hash like MD5?
>

> Is there a way to identify official/ authentic install package with
> unique signature?

Wireshark release announcements include MD5, SHA1, and RIPEMD160 hashes
of each release package. The announcements themselves are PGP-signed and
are sent to the wireshark-announce mailing list:

http://www.wireshark.org/lists/

The hashes can also be found in the "SIGNATURE" files at

http://www.wireshark.org/download/src/all-versions/

They are PGP-signed as well. The signature file for Wireshark 1.2.8 is at

http://www.wireshark.org/download/src/all-versions/SIGNATURES-1.2.8.txt

SIPp is apparently produced by HP. You would have to ask them about
verification for that product.