Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Build wireshark on windows fails, linux works

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:55:38 -0700
On Mar 25, 2010, at 4:21 AM, Marcel Sicking wrote:

> Lines are:
>
> static const struct tlv_definition rsl_att_tlvdef = {
>     .def = {                                                                                        #650
>         [RSL_IE_CH_NO]            = { TLV_TYPE_TV, 0 },
>         [RSL_IE_LINK_ID]        = { TLV_TYPE_TV, 0 },
>         [RSL_IE_ACT_TYPE]        = { TLV_TYPE_TV, 0 },
>
>         [RSL_IE_IPAC_CONN_ID]        = { TLV_TYPE_FIXED, 2 },
>         [RSL_IE_IPAC_RTP_PAYLOAD2]    = { TLV_TYPE_TV, 0 },
>     },                                                                                                            #718
> };

That's not supported by Microsoft's C compiler.

> Can somebody help me?

Use only those non-C89 features that are supported by GCC *and* MSVC in your dissector.  (Yes, C89, not C99; Microsoft's C compiler doesn't support all of C99.)

If you want to submit your changes to us, read the doc/README.developer section on "Portability" - there are other compilers to worry about as well in a program that has to build with native compilers on a number of different UN*Xes as well as with MSVC on Windows.