Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] WireShark is not working on my pc

From: "j.snelders" <j.snelders@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 20:36:55 +0100
Hi Rick,

Are you running windows 7?

If so, please take a look at WinPcap FAQ and Wireshark Wiki:
http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/WLAN#head-02456742c655394c9e948a4c9a59d3441c92782f
http://www.winpcap.org/misc/faq.htm#Q-16
<snip>
For real wireless capture, CACE Technologies offers the AirPcap adapter,
specifically designed to sniff 802.11 traffic, including control frames,
management frames and power information. AirPcap at this time is the only
solution for capturing raw 802.11 traffic with WinPcap. More details can
be found on the  AirPcap product page.
<snip>

AirPcap adapter
Last year I got one for free, when I visited Sharkfest:
http://www.cacetech.com/sharkfest.09/
The next Sharkfest is in June:
http://www.cacetech.com/sharkfest.10/

Note: