Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] merging many files using mergecap

From: "Boonie" <newsboonie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:10:46 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sake Blok" <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Community support list for Wireshark" <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] merging many files using mergecap

You might consider running Cygwin (www.cygwin.com) on your WIndows box, I don't have problems with this command in a Cygwin (bash) shell window.

Thanks Sake for the suggestion. I'm using cygwin for other things. But only on my own workstations.

Cygwin is not portable and I do need to be able to do the merging on several systems. On some I not have admin rights.

A batch file would be the next best thing to the (allready) fixed mergecap. Now the challenge will be to get the fixed mergecap on these systems. For the the time being I do have the drag-and-drop sollution of Olivier and maybe the batch file of Bill if I can get it to work.

Regards,

Dave