Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] merging many files using mergecap

From: wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:20:47 +0100
Solution 1 (depending on windows version/configuration) :
Into a cmd window : mergecap -w output.pcap        <NO return>
Then select all  *.pcap you want and drag and drop on the cmd window.

Solution 2 :
Create a shorcut of mergecap.
Add in target " -w output.pcap".
Change the starting directory to <what you want> if necessary.
Then select all  *.pcap you want and drag and drop on the shorcut.

Olivier

Boonie a �crit :
I often need to merge 40 to 60 .PCAP files in windows. I've tryed "mergecap *.pcap -w output.pcap" but the wildcard is not accepted. I've googled and can not find a sollution. I've also tryed to create a batch file. No luck. Does anyone know of a sollution to merge all .PCAP files in a directory? Thanks, Dave