Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Bandwidth-Delay Product

From: Gordon Widera <gwidera@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:20:06 -0700
Everyone,

The Bandwidth-Delay Product, round tripe time verses one way latency:

BDP(bits) = available_bandwidth (bits/sec) x round_trip_time (sec)

BDP(bits) = available_bandwidth (bits/sec) x one_way_latency (sec)

In my searches, I've seen it calculated both ways. Could someone explain why one would use round trip verses one way and vise versa?

Thanks

Gordon