Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Network traffic between my router and my ISP?

From: "Owen Thomas" <owen.paul.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:14:40 +1100
Hello Wireshark users.

I have installed wireshark on my laptop. That laptop is connected to my wireless router, and my wireless router is connected to my ISP through an ADSL modem.

Can I get the instance of wireshark running on my laptop to collect network traffic between router and ISP?

Two months ago, I had asked for my network quota to be increased from 1G to 5G per month because I was getting throttled on 1G a couple of days before month end. However, my ISP is now telling me that I have reached 80% of my 5G quota. As I have not significantly changed my usage, I am wondering how it could be that my network activity has increased five fold.

Thanks,

  Owen.