Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Query about capturing on Broadcom BMC5708C

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:17:11 +1100
I have a server (quad Xeon) with the above noted NICs running Windows
Server 2003R2 Enterprise Edition with PAE enabled.

Wireshark 1.0.5 appears to not see all the traffic. It must be there as
the application is working. Sometimes I can see the SYN/SYN+ACK/ACK but
not the rest of the stream. Sometimes I get the whole stream. I have
tried running w/s on all interfaces and the traffic is not arriving on
another interface.

Do you have to run wireshark as the local administrator or should anyone
with admin rights be able to see all the traffic?

                -- Dr. Who