Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Query about capturing on Broadcom BMC5708C

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:14:09 -0800
Does the card have TOE (TCP Offloading Engine), also known as TCP Chimney? If that's the case, and Chimney is enabled, you won't be able to capture the TCP stream because the traffic goes directly from the TCP/IP protocol driver to the card (thru a "chimney"), and WinPcap (the capture engine used by Wireshark) cannot capture such traffic.

If that's the case, the only workaround is disabling Chimney on such network adapter.

Have a nice day
GV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Hood" <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>