Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Calculate Http(s) request per second

From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:14:01 +0400
Hi,

HTTP statistics are already available... Wireshark > "Statistics" menu
> "HTTP" sub-menu. HTTPS is tricky because the traffic is encrypted as
TLS and it might (or is) not possible to check if it has a HTTP
request. You might choose to get TCP statistics on the well-known port
for HTTPS (443), but that will no meet your requirement completely
since you need requests/second.

Of course, you also have the challenge of making sure that you
intercept the traffic at the correct place in your network so you can
see all requests going to the internet.

Further reading:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChUseStatisticsMenuSection.html

HTH