Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Calculate Http(s) request per second

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:10:55 -0700 (PDT)
I'd suggest looking into the stats in tshark, or using ngrep or similar.

if you have a linux/unix sniffer,
time ngrep -d eth1 -n 100 ^GET
would tell you how long it takes to have 100 GET requests. 1/100 times
that number should give you requests per second.

another option, which would also support https, would be to simply count
SYN packets, again using ngrep or tshark with the 'time' program.

Or, you can take your http server logs for a certain time period, and
count the entries.

Barry